Salted Caramel Apple Pie
𝘛𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴!
* 25g butter
* 3 medium Bramley apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
* 1 lemon, finely grated zest
* 375g puff pastry
* 50g caster sugar
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 tbsp milk
* 1 tsp Flavo Drops
* 1 tbsp Low-Cal Salted Caramel Syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the apple, lemon zest and 1 tbsp water. Cook gently, stirring for 5 minutes, until the apples soften. Once cool add the syrup and drops and set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out into a ½cm-thick rectangle. Use a sharp knife to trim any ragged edges then cut into 6 squares.
3. Place 1 tbsp of the apple mixture in the middle of each square and sprinkle with 1½ tsp caster sugar. Brush the edges with water. Bring one corner over to the opposite one and press the edges together. Make a small hole in the top of each for the steam to escape. Transfer the turnovers to a large baking sheet lined with non-stick baking paper.
4. Mix the egg yolk and milk together and brush all over the pastries to glaze. Sprinkle over the remaining sugar and bake for about 20 minutes until puffed and golden. The filling will be hot, so leave for a few minutes before eating!