Strawberry Swiss Roll
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵, 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘚𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘓𝘰𝘸-𝘊𝘢𝘭 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘚𝘺𝘳𝘶𝘱 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨. 🤩
* butter, to grease
* 2 large eggs
* 50g caster sugar, plus extra 2 tbsp to dust
* 50g self-raising flour, sieved
* 1 tsp Vanilla Flavo Drops
* 100g Low-Cal Strawberry Syrup
1. Heat oven to 180C. Grease and line a 16 x 28cm Swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
2. Beat the eggs, sugar and Flavo drops together for 5 mins with an electric hand whisk until thick and pale. Gently fold in the flour in two batches using a large metal spoon.
3. Pour the mixture into the tin and gently ease into the corners. Bake for 10-12 mins until golden and firm. Be careful not to overbake, or the sponge will break when rolled.
4. While the sponge is baking, sprinkle 2 tbsp sugar over a square of baking parchment.
5. Turn the baked sponge onto the sugared paper. Peel off the lining paper and spread the sponge with syrup. Roll up from the short edge using the paper to help you then cool on a wire rack.