Vegan Jam Tartlets
𝘝𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘯, 𝘥𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘨𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘫𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴… 𝘍𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘓𝘰𝘸-𝘊𝘢𝘭 𝘚𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 & 𝘉𝘭𝘶𝘦𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘚𝘺𝘳𝘶𝘱𝘴!
* 50g fresh strawberries
* 50g fresh blueberries
* 30g Low-Cal Strawberry Syrup
* 30g Low-Cal Blueberry Syrup
* 310g plain flour
* 125g vegetable oil of choice
* 35g icing sugar
1. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐚𝐦: Add strawberries to one pan and blueberries to another. Add a tbsp of water and mash the fruit up, heat gently for 2 mins. Remove from the heat and add Low-Cal Strawberry syrup to one pan and Blueberry to another, mix well then allow to cool and set aside in the fridge.
2. 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲: Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until combined. The dough should be quite soft but pliable, place in the fridge to chill for 10 mins. Preheat the oven to 180C.
3. Dust a clean surface with a few tablespoons of flour. Place the chilled dough on top and use a rolling pin or your hands to flatten to around 5mm thick.
4. Use a cookie cutter or rim of a glass cut out circular shapes a little bigger than the bottom of your tart moulds. Arrange the circles of dough onto the bottom of the moulds allowing the sides to slightly come up to form a crust. Use your fingertips to shape the dough and crimp the edges with a fork. Spoon the jam into the centre of each tart.
5. Bake tarts in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool completely in the moulds and enjoy!