Chocolate Red Velvet Cake
𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘬𝘦? 𝘖𝘶𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵! 𝘓𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘳 𝘶𝘱 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘴, 𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺!
* 100g butter, softened
* 150g caster sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 3 tbsp cocoa powder, sieved
* 3 tsp red paste food colour
* 250g plain flour
* 150ml milk
* 1 tsp Chocolate Flavo Drops
* 2 tbsp Low-Cal Chocolate Syrup
* 2 tbsp Low-Cal Strawberry Syrup
* 1 tsp bicarb of soda
* 2 tsp cider vinegar
𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠
* 75g butter, softened
* 75g cream cheese
* 200g icing sugar, sieved
1. Heat the oven to 160°C. Grease and base line two 20cm round sandwich tins.
2. Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, then add the cocoa powder and the food colour.
3. Add the flour and milk and beat then add Low-Cal Chocolate Syrup, Strawberry Syrup and Chocolate Flavo Drops. Add the bicarb of soda and the cider vinegar and stir into the cake batter.
4. Divide the mixture between the tins and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
5. To make the icing beat the butter and cream cheese together and then stir in the icing sugar.
6. Take one cake and place on a plate, drizzle on a little Chocolate Syrup and spread evenly, then layer the other half of the cake on top. Spread your icing on top and allow to set.